With hunting season in full swing, we thought it would be a good time to share some of our favorite recipes that get us through the cold winter evenings!
This recipe is compliments of: ducks.org.
- 6-8 large duck or goose breasts with skin removed
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup Reel 'n Smoke BBQ Sauce (Original or Bold 'n Sassy)
- 6 burger buns
- 1 1/2 cups prepared coleslaw
- Rub meat (duck, or goose) with lemon pepper seasoning (make sure to apply so there is complete, even coverage).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and brown meat evenly on both sides.
- Transfer the meat to a lightly greased baking dish and toss with sliced onion.
- Pour beef broth over, cover and place in a 375 degree oven for 1½ hours.
- Remove from oven and check to make sure the meat has cooked thoroughly. Meat should pull apart easily.
- If not, return to the oven and bake for 30 minutes more, adding more broth if necessary.
- Allow meat to cool and shred with a knife or fork.
- Return shredded meat to baking dish, toss with Reel 'n Smoke BBQ Sauce, cover and heat for 20 minutes.
- To make sandwiches, place a portion of the shredded meat on the bottom of the bun. Top with coleslaw, additional BBQ sauce if needed and serve.
Have a recipe you would like to share? We would love to hear from you! Be sure to email your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to have your recipes featured on our blog.